Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wii Anonymous


Hello, my name is Lesley and I'm addicted to Wii. The beginning of it all was a couple of months ago when we started heading out to Hau'ula every Tuesday night to take Hawaiian language classes from Jared's older sister Leone. After class we have dinner at Leone's house. One night we show up and everyone's standing in front of their big screen tv with white remotes in their hand jumping around. For me, it was all down hill from there. We played bowling, tennis, olympics, and the worst for me is MarioKart. The Saaga's have four remotes and six kids, aunties, uncles, mama, papa, and cousins so we challenge in MarioKart and bottom two are out so everyone can rotate in. Of course I'm usually out because everyone in that house is a CAMPER on that game (especially you Ui).
Somedays I'll be day dreaming and Jared will look at me and say, "what are you thinking about?" To which I reply, "Uh, nothing!?!" His reply " Oh my gosh, you're thinking about playing MarioKart again aren't you?" With my face looking like I just got caught with my hand in the cookie jar I reply "Uh, no...well maybe...no not really!?!" Which is why we've been finding ourselves heading out to the Saaga house around 3 times a week to play Wii, sometimes we sleep over so we can play at night and in the morning when we wake up.
I asked Jared to get a Wii for Christmas but he said No because we'd never get any work done:( Which is soooo true.
I know it's really bad because when I'm driving my car back to town all I can see infront of me are MarioKart tracks and all I hear is beep beep beep beep beep...which is a warning that people are attacking me from behind, shooting turtle shells and rockets and stars my way.
Thanks for listening, see you all next week

4 comments:

NeenaLove said...

OMG... thats sooo me! we bought a wii for each other for christmas. i have downloaded dr mario and tetris onto the wii. we are super campers on mario kart. our next game will be zelda.

it's such a waste of time but then again it's not cuz it's like bonding time. well, at least thats what i tell myself! hahahaha

the man said...

wii will not be owning any kind of video game console either... but it's a good thing the Nitahara's just bought one! we should go there to play... hahahaah!

Ui said...

buahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! excuse me...i don't know why I am labeled as the camper?! well...i guess its true for WII FIT...but definitely not for mario kart. that's ope's department. lol

Luela said...

Is Wii really that fun? Can I pull myself away from World of Warcraft? Hmmmmm...