Monday, November 10, 2008

Failure to rise

Saturday started off to be a pretty relaxing day, which is unusual. Chapel clean up and tv. It was so relaxing I got bored and decided to make something good to eat...Butter rolls:p Of course I called the Butter Roll Master for her recipe and she gave me step by step instructions (which is what I need). So I mix all the ingredients and wait for the dough to rise. And I wait. And I wait. And I wait. 2 hours later I call my butter roll master and explain my dilemma. She gives me a few solutions, I do it and head to the beach cause we're tired of waiting. We're back from the beach 4 hours later and still...no rising going on. 2nd call to butter roll master takes place and then she tells me..."Oh, did you let the milk cool after warming it up?" Uh, NO! It wasn't in my step by step instructions!!!
So my butter roll master, who I won't name because I don't want to embarass her...UILANI KEO
... said "Sorry, I forgot to tell you that if the water is too warm it'll kill the yeast." This is my warning to all of you...get a better butter roll master that includes All steps in her instructions. J/K. Next time we'll just have Ui make it herself so it comes out Perfect as usual!

6 comments:

Luela said...

You should've called Mama Peka, the REAL Butter Roll Master! LOL.

Greg Dowden said...

LOL!!!!! Good Job Butter Roll Master!

NeenaLove said...

LMBO... no... i think you should learn to make it yourself.... so that all the butter roll masters can go on vacation. heheheheeh

glad you updated your blog.

Karen said...

You are so funny Leslie. I totally need step by step instructions for things of the cooking nature too.

the man said...

hmmm... your rolls sound like my surfing abilities... This is Tang.. but I'm sure you could've figured that one out! :)

Ui said...

ok.....so i just read this entry today. and RUDE! hahahaha! i'm gonna have to agree with my butter roll guru coreen! cuz as u can see, she taught me, and now everyone asks ME instead of HER now! so i pass the torch on to you sister keo! lol