G'day mates!
So I'm sitting at the Sydney Airport in the lounge waiting for our flight to HNL to start boarding and decided this would be a great time to blog. Can I just say that Air New Zealand has the best lounge ever! Free food and any kind of drinks, tons of space and couchs, a business center, showers, a family room, and free internet access. Okay enough free advertising, back to my blog. First off i'm finding it hard to type on the count of a broken finger I managed to break while surfing the day before we left for Australia...but that's a story for another blog.
Anyway our trip was great. It was a bit frosty (cold), we ate heaps of lollies (lots of candy/junks), and we got used to driving on the wrong side of the road (that's a good thing). We went to the Gold Coast to visit family. It's kind of like a mini Waikiki and the sand was so fine it felt like flour. Then we went to Brisbane to visit more family and ended up on the Sunshine Coast.
Here are the differences I've noticed between Australia and Hawaii.
-aussies drive on the wrong side of the road
-it's colder
-they have funny accents
-the cars are heaps smaller
-they have bats...in their yards!
-we say yeah, they say ay
-they don't have drinks with ice (that killed me)
-it's expensive
-you don't tip (we loved it)
-service isn't that good (probably because they don't get tips)
It was a great trip and we'd love to come back again soon. Sorry we don't have pictures but we were lazy, maybe next trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip! Cory is desperate to go to Austrailia-that's where he went on his mish.
JoMaia served in the Brisbane Mission so one day he wants to take me. He's even suggested moving there...I was like HECK NO! I am ONLY living in Hawaii! Or the US cuz this whole becoming a legal resident of another country deal sux! Anyway, I concurr with your list of differences - especially service... not just in restaurants but anywhere even in stores. I get so happy when I meet a sales rep who shares my affinity for "customer service" :)
Wow that must've been fun! Haven't been to Australia (yet), just NZ which I thought was nice. Hope we can go one day though!
buahahahahahahaha to your comment about greg! i was fully rolling. uh..yeah i guess u guys missed a little. greg was just crashing in my room (with me in the living room of course) til he found a place to stay in town. he moved back and will be working at pearl harbor. so yeah....nothing to worry about. lol. so i heard ur hubby got sick in aus? hope you BOTH are doing ok with that. lol.
Love the aussie lingo! Sounds like you guys had a fun trip. Derek's brother (who says heaps a lot) is in Brisbane, so we need to get back there soon. Hope all is well with you guys. Tell all the Makiki ward folks hi for us. We may be there in Feb., so hopefully we'll see you then.
Post a Comment